Tuesday, December 7, 2004

wanted to share with you this morning:



we're getting a ton done on the house! Dec.10-20th are "work days" here at the Chase House... feel welcome to call and come to work with us...



there's a growing vision for a... a LIFE... not a "ministry" in the sense of "Jesus is coming back... look busy", but a LIFE in the Holy Spirit... Kingdom Come stuff...



Not starting a new church, but BEING the church that Jesus started way back... i don't think it's revolutionary at all. it's "follow-ey"... it's about leaving my good ideas at the door and hitting face to floor, daily... the fallout from that, times all the people doing it... equals Kingdom Come Community...



I look at "our people". They're not "ours" in a possessive sense. We don't derive our identity from them. They're "ours" because they love us (the rosses and JP) and we love them... They take care of us... We are an arena for them to participate in redemptive love... We offer them, not expertise, but vulnerable honesty and humble participation in the King's Life...



We're seen as "out there". I'm seen as "out there"... Well, I love you. Can I come in? Will you care for me? Look at how Jesus was cared for by those rich ladies... Amazing. The guy was a mendicant!



Glutton.

Tabler with Sinners.

Drunkard.

Associate of Rabble...



He was so irresponsible, wasting the Message of God's love on rabble. missing his opportunity with the powerful and influential... Look how he healed that one Centurion's servant. Would've been a great springboard for a jump into the Gentile market... Look how he raised the Synagogue ruler's daughter. Could've really changed things if he mentioned that the day they accused him...



He was a great fool and a weak ruler... Toweling up and washing feet. Soft.



Anyone mind if i follow? Why do I care? Because we're all attached by His love... His love in me needs His love in You! We are called a body. One part hurts... another part grieves...



I've skateboarded for twenty years. This week i literally had to walk with a cane. My feet are just flattened out and stiffened up... They just really don't work well, lately... ( i know that they'll probably get healed and all, no sweat! seriously, i'm not worried--and anyway, weaknesses aren't a bad thing, they're a good thing) and it showed me a real way that when a small part of the body is sore, the whole thing is hurting... my knees, hips, back... all the way to my shoulders! Not too bad or anything, i don't want you sweatin' it. I still go out and skate, too. It makes no sense to stop. There's too much joy in it, as well as hangin' with my son, and rubbin' shoulders with "riffraff"...



Anyway, that's what it's like today. We're spiritually drained, but don't know why. We lack zeal and passion, but don't know a way "in"... The poor remain uncared for... kingdom men and women remain loners... the depressed remain low... wounds remain unbound... AND WE DON'T KNOW WHY.



It's like there's some lost mystery, and we're trying to solve it by showing up at all the available meetings. The meetings are great, but the LOVE is what we crave... the love is out there. in the poor. in giving it all away for the King! The Love is in there. In your heart. You did receive it when you first believed. Tap into it. it'll flow plenty big, no sweat...



Hey, come look at our neighborhood. Move here. Love here... Or visit us and pray with us... or come help us make a difference here... we need lots of help... lots of love... do you love us?



Lew



3 comments:

  1. Brother.
    Sorry to hear the tough time.
    Keep pushing through-I am praying right now.
    I am here in Cali reading your blog.
    I see the dates.
    The fam and I are not available until the week of 1/3.
    Are you still needing help then?
    I'll be back in the homeland at the end of the week.
    Just visiting my brother before he deploys to Iraq.
    +1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will help.
    Not as much as I would like to, but I still have other obligations. Very intresting to see where God will put me in 1.5 years....
    But I do love you, but only becuase Christ first loved me. It's odd, ya know, sometimes I see glimpses of what whould have become of me if Jesus had not saved me; and his followers had not come alongside me. Unwilling to eloborate, but I'll say, those glimpses are not pretty.
    Keep loving on the "riff-raff". They need it; cause they know they are not loved by anyone, but they don't know that they are actually loved by the only one that matters.
    Having the king of the Universe as your Lord, Saviour, and (in some ways) brother and friend really kinda makes everything else pretty pale.
    -st

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure was great to meet everybody and see my brother Lew and his boys..... May God bless your big house and everyone who walks into the door. I will stop again....

    Dave Life
    Maker of Fine Cabinetry

    ReplyDelete