Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I LOVE CROSSROADS!!!



i went there like two weeks ago... i've been visiting there sometimes. it's a very expensive presentation church, y'know? major digits go into everything they do. Sometimes (always) that's really hard for me to stomach, y'know? So much poverty and difficulty in so many christian communities, and such potential kingdom witness if we just got that down and forsook the good ideas for God's giving love idea...



But i went there, like i usually do sunday mornings, with my kids... to put them in some safe class or group type thingy so they can play and have fun with kids... to put my rump in a chair with free coffee and sit with others and talk about jesus and the kingdom (i love the modern day synagogues--so much space to get high on caffeine and sit and talk--crossroads has a GREAT open atrium/cafe style thingy...)...



bit of grammar bind here...



anyway, I've been on a high horse before about how the american church blah blah... and we all know it... but lately, as i have sat in crossroads' atrium talking with others about Jesus (there isn't a time when god doesn't send someone to have a time with me), or when i sit in the big show and watch the professional sound and lights, movie clips perfectly timed, and good physiques and grooming, I've been hearing something...



Lub dub, lub dub...



As I'm dropping my kids into their little classes with the kids and all these volunteers are scurrying around, loving it!



Lub dub, lub dub...



I'm freaking out, because it's Gods heart!



There's love in the house!



Now i know that when Jesus returns, he'll be sorting out the stuff on how we loved Him and each other, and how the shepherds acted on their beat. And i know that's a part of my ministry, to warn and help us all to that end...

And...

And...

not but...

And...



Our father is not entirely displeased, more, He is overjoyed, by the love of his kids who simply put it out there for him, loving kids and playing music...

Shepherds, teachers, leaders, will all be judged for how they acted about these days,



but the kids who love god, be they shepherds, sheep or pete, will Rock On!



Yeah!



So, that's what I got outta that...



No anonymous comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment