Wednesday, August 16, 2006

debrief

this summer has been heart surgery to me... anyone left checking this blog will note my long absence... that's because a lot of what has motivated my posting is gone. the angst, the sense of disappointment... a lot of that has been soothed by what our Father is doing in my life and in our family.

Things are still as they are. There are still difficult truths for us to engage, as the church in the world--one of which is that what is called church in so many places is really NOT the church... but my heart is touched by the Father's infinite love and patience with us...

drinking from healing streams...

3 comments:

  1. Lew, you're a cool guy. Good to see you posting again. I think you guys seem to be doing great things in Northside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, one more thing! I like the heart surgery analogy! Speaks to me. hehe. *cough* I had heart surgery *cough*

    ReplyDelete