Monday, March 8, 2004

open rant space:

Christianity

Justice talk

kind of a live journal with Lew.



An Entry About Judy:



My name is Lew Ross and I live in Cincinnati with my family.

My wife is Judy. She grew up in the philippines, the daughter of tough-as-nails dutch parents who immigrated to the US in the 50's, lived mediocre lives until God inerrupted them in 1970. They had judy in 71, when they were in their 40's. then they went to the Philippines to start churches in the boonies where all the other missionaries didn't want to go... he's like, a plumber and off he went. and no mission society would help them except the fly-by-night fringe groups. That is, until he started like his first few totally indigenous churches that were just based on Christ, not western money...



and so Judy is a gentle radical. when I met here she was ready to go to tibet and share love and truth where there was a vacuum for the message of Jesus.



you may notice a major presupposition in my story: that the message of Jesus is superior to that of Buddha. please forgive the apparent arrogance of such a position. bear with me. I'm just trying to tell my story and that of my family. I'm also trying to accomplish some other things, like spread the message that there is something even better than enlightenment and karmic progress...



i'm talking about friendship with the personal creator god of the universe... and that's why jesus died on the cross. that's what i'm intent on fully enjoying while i'm visiting the planet.



and that's what i found in Judy! So i married her. i was 18. now i'm thirty (almost thirty-0ne).



Side Note: i always want to be older. i grow a beard and wear glasses and i like how they make me look fifty. wanna know why? because i crave earthly legitimacy. but it melts when i start talking about following Jesus... folks who require it just do what they're gonna do... End Side Note



So I married Judy. We went to Southern France for 3 months to heal from the scathing criticism of family and friends at our christian college who told us that we'd be a divorce statistic. And ever since then, we've loved the lost and journeyed with jesus and had people in our house who grow in love and understanding of who jesus is, what he meant, and what it is to follow him...



yep, i think Jesus is superior to all the other ways. but i think that many followers of other ways are superior to me. they are more dedicated, have more integrity and passion. their lives are more totally dedicated to their master and they are better focused...



yes, many followers of other ways are much superior to me. you teach me. you are wonderful. come discover jesus! he loves you. He says he is humble and gentle and will teach you how to pull with His yoke. An offer of perfect slavery.



So Judy is my wife, my woman, my Lover... We're walking this adventure together. She's into photography and writing, loves raising and schooling our kids. Works with Foreign Exchange Students.



Judy is a Regional Coordinator for a major foreign exchange organization... She is GREAT at what she does. She got me into it and I love working with these international kids... Because of our work there, we get to take our kids on trips all over the place.

We just got back from a trip to Prague and Southern Germany...

We took the kids! It was great.

We had a German girl live with us as a daughter for a year. We lived with them for a week. it was awesome...



for now...



lew



No comments:

Post a Comment