Saturday, May 29, 2004

It's about 730am. I'm up early waiting for a construction guy so we can finish Mom and Dad's Shower on the first floor.



Yesterday Mom came home from the hospital and the Hospice folks got us set up with a bunch of equipment. She is fading. It won't be long till her spirit leaves her body.



These are great days. I am honored and happy to be part of the passing of such saints. My Father-in-Law is a man of simple greatness. He went to a part of the world where the Gospel had never been heard and, starting around 50 years of age, (with no theological degree or certificate of "here, now you can do this") planted well over 15 churches there. Those churches were planted in the 80's and are still there, growing and harvesting more souls, today.



Mom has always been his support. He has been simple and hardy, stubborn as a rock. She is gentle and quiet, preferring to serve. She always served without complaint. And she served a lot. Her whole life was built on serving and supporting her family and the saints. She has a lot to look forward to.



And so, death will come to visit us here soon. And That's a good thing, because we're believers in Jesus. We have a hope that cuts through the fear of death. We Know the truth about what will happen after death. This is our anchor: Hope in the resurrection.



Today I read in Isaiah 8:11-13, "Do not think like everyone else does... Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear him, you need fear nothing else. He will Keep you safe..."



I look forward to joining Mom in glory soon. We all follow not so long after. Our lives span less than a century in a universe where time is just a temporary mechanism to give true love and justice a backdrop. Yesterday I told Mom that- that I'd be following soon enough after. It made sense. We are not as strong as we think we are.



Then last night I took Aaron to our local skatepark and I watched the young men trying desperately to grab glory with their toys. They all had a look of fear. They are digging so hard, trying to unearth their sky. People who know no hope, yet.



I know and love many of the people who are reading this blog. Thank you for checking it out. Much of what I write is limited in scope and perspective. I say things wrong, and I say wrong things. But the point I'm trying to get across with my life and the words I speak is simply that God really loves us and wants us to walk with Him. There is a judgment on the way and we need to get and keep it real with that as we finish our short courses on the planet.



Make every shot count!



Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment