Thursday, October 18, 2007

what a day is like

what a day is like...
i get up and get kids into clothes and get food into kids... Judy's on a week-long trip, so the kids and I do early bedtimes. I'm well rested...
...i skipped community prayer last night, for dinner and skateboarding with my kids, and a spongebob movie with seth... Prehistoric spongebob. sweet...

the kids and I are praying more often about the things we touch in a day. especially for all the people we know through skateboARDING. these are some of the most precious people I've ever met. Sheep without a shepherd is a good biblical term, as the wilderness and devastation of living outside the loving embrace of the All-Wise Father shows it's toll...

in yesterday's day, I got those kids to school and hit the Sidewinder to post to Jeremiah and Lewminator. Then Danielmatt and I got in the minivan and he shot stills and video of me skateboarding. This isn't a practice of mine, videography of my skills, but spending time with Danielmatt over it was really good for us. We picked up his now-repaired VW Jetta GLI.

then I went to visit my friends at Satellite 13 Skateshop. Psycho Daniel, the owner was there, with Stevethebeliever, and they listened to me prate on and rave about stuff. there was salt in the conversation, and grace was real in the moments... Those guys have a true attitude about stuff. I'm sat13 all the way this side of the ohio...

then I picked up boys, took them home, and made smoothies for a snack. We're eating about 8 smoothies a day at the house, lately. I make smoothies with carrot, grape, pomegranate, acai, blackberries, blueberrries, raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes, V8, Spinach, bananas... all kinds of stuff... i like the spicy v8, too...

so after smoothies, we're out to visit my friend Andrew's new skateshop in Newport, KY. Incredible. Holmes has set up the single best, and most mellow and gentle, skateshop I've ever been in. He's there behind the counter with his wife and baby, every day. This is going to be a heavy year, starting that up... I bought shoes and a deck there, as a way of supporting...

after that, the boys and I headed to the mini-park at St. Bernard for a session.
We grabbed Wendy's for dinner on the way. Dollar menu. None for me. I'm junk free almost 100% for many moons. Actually I'm 20 pounds lighter, now... than I was in Feb. I was sick most of last winter with flu that just wouldn't go away. Judy had to put up with me sick for over a month, and weak for two... now that my sick tooth is pulled and I"m eating all green and whatnot, we'll see... but most of all, i depend on God to show Himself to and through me, whether i'm sick or strong... I'm reaady to die and see the face of Jesus, as long as His promise to bring my sons after me is sure... and it is. I'll see you all again one day. get on the right side of the line, all.

i had a major interaction with an overwhelmed single dad, whose kids were skating. Man, i can't imagine how difficult the days are. I always cry out to Jesus when things get difficult, even a little. And I always praise and thank him for anything, little or big, that happens, even if its hard to understand.

Well, some of you know me real well and see me when my faith is failing and I'm complaining about this and that, but you've also seen how faithful Jesus is to turn this wandering, doubting heart around. His kindness has known no bounds toward me...

and then its bedtime, after Spongebob...

I'm so grateful for all of you: Judy, Aaron, Seth, Jesus People Northside, danielmatt, psychodaniel, stevethebeliever, HighSchoolAndrew, Andrew'sbeautifulwife, BabyDenver, Friendly guy who sells kinves onlineChad, BritishAureol and the HolyKenyans, Singledad who's going to buy a longboard, littlemotormouth-kid who's going to grow into a man someday, Austin-our st.bernard homie...

This life! It's so rich in love and in seeing God love people and seeing God touch and heal people...

...this is what a day is like...

1 comment: