Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Awakenings: community/communion, and the Murder

Many of you know that I can't sleep a lot. Coffee? maybe. but I think it's primarily the THOUGHTS I have while lying awake...

Lately, I've been hit with some strong vibes that I want to put out there for you to consider...

I hardly know where to start, feeling that there's almost no hope of avoiding some perplexity and confusion along the way, but I'm going to start sharing and let's see where we end up...

First off, I'm Lew, and for years and years, I've been part of what we've come to call Just Some Jesus People, a neighborhood church community in Northside, Cincinnati, America. I began my journey with Jesus in the Latest Eighties and early nineties. I got crushed and my mind got opened and I got wicked saved.

After that, I spent mass time trying to cop a high at churches. I just wanted to feel Jesus close to me. It took years and years for me to get it through my head that Jesus is HERE and he is here NOW. Kind of the "zen" of following the master. So I switched my understanding of what it means to be the church. I used to think of the church as a community. now I see that the church is a communion.

check out the difference between those two words and you'll uncover mass evil, hypocrisy, counterfeit and confusing deception foisted on people in the name of Jesus over the 2 thousand plus years since the Murder. (you know, the Murder--the cross)

(have you considered the Murder? and how we live because he willingly laid down his life for us on the cross in that day? Jesus is the best, most humble ever... if you want to be like Him, you'll live in the Murder and rejoice in laying it down... really you will, because He will be living in you, showing the world himself again and again through you...)

No comments:

Post a Comment