Monday, September 26, 2005

Mower incidents

We're trying to engage the kids around here in a cool way... We let them use our stuff to make money, mowing, cleaning yards, shoveling snow (soon), etc...

the idea is that they can earn the use of our tools by learning the proper care and by helping us out at the houses... This puts us together and makes them a lot of money, or at least a good opportunity to...

but right now we're still in the testing phase. Not that we're evaluating whether or not it's a good idea, but THEY are testing US to see of we're really for real...

So, they break every rule.

Yesterday they purposefully used the wrong fuel, instead of using their earnings to buy some... They're supposed to supply their own fuel out of their earnings... they used 2-cycle in the lawnmower... that means a new sparkplug and a cleaning are in order, soon, i bet...

but really, who cares? This is a once a day opportunity to engage these guys and get them going...

check out lewminator to see a pic from the "stolen mower" fiasco!

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of a better place to put this, other than pubically. It's on my blog too, band site that it may be.

    Guys,
    I am sorry. Sorry for my attitude, and they way I presented my disagreements. Even if I think you are way off base (which I do) I had no justification to deal with it the way I did. Even if I had some justification, I, as a Christian, still should have found a more gracious way to present it. God has got me by the throat again, though I have found it’s a good place to be, it means he still loves me.
    I want to address two of you in specific:
    --Lew, sorry about any dissention I caused within the community. And sorry about the “see you in hell comment.” Way off. I hope you will forgive me of that. But, as usual I’m not going to take it down, but I am saying that I’m sorry about it. It was just human and wrong. If there is any within the community that I affected by that remark, please share my heartfelt apology with them as well.
    --Zach, you and I shall never agree. I hope you understand that when you only replied to my post about the war… and you have never commented about anything else… It really looked to me like you didn’t give a care about me or what I think unless it concerns this war. There is so much more to life than bombs and bullets, things I often post about. But I am also am sorry that I treated you with disrespect and anger. I suppose that if I can’t argue with more forbearance, I should not even start.
    This is not an attempt to get my blog link back onto your central ring (so I respectfully ask that I be left off), nor does this precede a reentry of me into GrubbyKupp. Frankly, I think your understanding of the scripture is slowly going cuckoo, but I don’t feel like arguing that point with you anymore… even if I did, it appears that I can’t do that and remain Christ like. You read it your way, and I read it mine; which happens to be more in-line with the EPC. I just want to tie-up my end of this relationship by asking for your forgiveness and let us move our separate ways.
    Yes, I’d rather not drink the wine of God’s burning wrath (Rev. 14)
    I truly hope that God will bless your community and ministry with unity, strength, and the resources you need to carry out His Great Commission.

    Justin Stace,
    A poor sinner trusting in God alone for salvation.

    ReplyDelete