Friday, February 10, 2006

i've been off the blog for a while. sorry to those of you who get bored by my request for help over here... as you may have read, we're making an offer on the house across the street, trying to establish homebase for loving this corner of the world...

the people of grubbykupp...the folks who have moved into this corner with us...we're all feeling a really intense time here.

we've emerged from the fire of discovering violences here that we had only heard or read about before coming here. some of us have strong resolve, some have a new committment, but most of us are holding our breath, waiting on Father for his next move...

i am appalled at my recent exposure to folks in the church who disdain concern for the poor. i am disappointed by the inaction that characterizes the regional church's application of its wealth..
i am guilty...

but i am confessing! would you join me? Let's put it out there that our wealth cries out against us, as we spend it on priorities that the Lord hasn't ordained... yeah, i'm talking about how the cincinnati churches are willing to move 10 million dollars into neighborhoods that they would never move into themselves... that is a far cry from transforming the city by the actual, living, presence of the PEOPLE of God, as neighbors, in the city...

this is dead wrong. we've been retreating too long.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus forgive me for seeing you naked and not giving you clothes out of my walk-in-closet, forgive me for seeing you hungry and not sharing my seconds with you from dinner last night, forgive me for seeing you homeless and not offering you the bed in my spare room, or my couch for a night.

    ReplyDelete