Monday, June 16, 2008

ice cream is good.


a couple of years back i had an elective surgery go "awry". I recovered and got back to some semblance of life as usual. it wasn't until a year later that i began to get in and out of a car without pain. I remember a day in march, two years ago (the surgery was longer than 2 years back, obviously) that I remarked, "Hey, I can get out of the car without wincing! (wince--to grimace with pain) ...wincing!"

It was around that time that i realized that weighing 190 pounds wasn't my normal state... but the pastoring and the studying and the teaching and reading and writing and blogging and the trying to figure out what in the blazes I'm doing down here had me pretty sedentary, even though i was trying to skate as often as i could...

Then Effort took me on as a rep and i upped my skating. and i lost, in four months or so, about 20 pounds!

Now i'm like 2 years later and still running at the 170 mark, skating every day and i just want to say,

"Ice Cream is Good"

and then like Nacho in the scene where the kids are wrestling, "Reeeeeallly guuud!" fanTAStic!

i have ice cream more now than i did back then. and it's been really good. But now my food becomes fuel for a Fathering Machine!
I'm out there everyday with my sons and Sam (who lives upstairs) and Marcelo (a loaner son from Brazil), shredding and living life and learning to look both ways...

wow. what a luxury! amazing!

plus... ice cream!

I know hard times always loom on the horizon. yeah yeah. and i am sure i'm going to be there with Jesus, ready or not (and i think you'll find me looking pretty ready if you read my back posts--they may even help you get ready, too), but man, i'm so grateful for all the amazing physical blessings that are abounding in our life here.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment