Tuesday, June 24, 2008

an ocean tide's a-comin'

thisarticle mirrors a report i heard on NPR yesterday. Now, i'm not a news-blogger, but there have been a sludge-ton of dreams in our community, along with scriptures and revelations in the spirits of our people (that intuitive place where mind and God meet in the grey matter) that indicate that there is a rising tide of what the Bible calls "The Spirit of Antichrist".

Now, I'm not talking about the worldly secular folks, but among the "Christian" Teachers and churches.

Get your pants on, folks. Learn to discern and judge the spirits, like 1 John 4 says, because you're gonna need it. You already DO need it. Get in the Word and in the Spirit, in study and prayer, and band together in the church and serve the Lord with obedience to what He has commanded us!

2 comments:

  1. this calls for wisdom. patient endurance. fear God and give Him glory. obey the commandments and remain faithful to Jesus...
    Some instructions from your favorite apocalyptic scripture and mine via John :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to suggest that this tide has been in place since Christ walked the Earth.

    As long as there is a pro, there is a con.

    As long as there is a Christ, there is an anti-Christ.

    Look...

    the unfortunate thing that has been taking place since the begining of people calling themselves Christian is this little thing called mystery.

    Humans don't like mystery...it points out how much they depend on God.

    People need to have catagories...titles...names...control.

    However, when people start following a God with a God that can't be catagorized, or titled, with a name we can't handle and a control and power we could never understand... people are bound to water it down...

    First eight chapters of Jeremiah anyone?

    This evening, in a conversation I was having with my sister-in-law, she stated...

    "I don't know what I believe in, but I know I can't believe in anything that tells me I am going to hell if I don't get married and have children." - She was describing what she believes to be Christianity.

    Sadly, Christianity in just ignorant about how powerful there God really is.

    They sing about it...

    They talk about it...

    They read about it...

    But they don't get it.

    He is in control...and He is Good...He loves us...

    Why try to fix that?

    Why water that down?

    What does it look like to be a Christ-follower?

    Well... I call myself a Christ-follower.

    I call Lew a Christ-follower...

    But if you put my life and Lew's next to each other there are a lot of differances.

    But is this ambiguous?

    No, I think this is mystery.

    Our God is powerful and Mysterious...we are not...

    ReplyDelete