Friday, September 15, 2006

Getting into the Roof

Yesterday Seth and I got to the Home Depot and picked up the things to work on the roof. How sad he was that he couldn't join me up there...
I anchored the Ladder to the roof, got out a grinding disc, and began to knock off the peeling paint and rust that have been hiding... HOLES!!! So many holes! The metal is paper thin, rusted and cracking...

I lay a temporary patch on some of it, but it was dinner time. I cut myself at the base of my thumb, also, with my utility knife... such a LITTLE hole, but i must have "hit something" because blood just came POURING out. Literally made a slippery spot up there. I had to rip the sleeve off my shirt and tie it up. The hole was a sixteenth of an inch. Incredible. must have been an artery or a vein. wild...

Sooo... today I'll climb up there again and patch some more. Anybody know where I could get some HELP? Preferably in the form of a roof expert who can replace Box Gutters, or repair them? I know, it's been a YEAR of asking, but I'm seriously asking. This is a big deal.

The roof'll need to be torn off and replaced, too. Looks like this fall or next spring.

For now, I'm patching, painting, and Praying. Please, all of you pray for us in this old house...

I would never own a house if I weren't involved in this whole "new generation of church" thing.. What's going on under this roof is worth all the black mold and peeling paper...
But seriously could you all pray up some help, even if it's the power to do it all myself.

I'm on it, but am not a craftsman. pray for help, protection, wisdom, and Love's guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment