Thursday, September 7, 2006

August News

As usual, so much is happening around us that I've had trouble bringing it to the blogs... I think that the blogs are hard to post to lately mainly because I'm learning so much at such a fast rate that I'm not sure that anything I put down here will represent me well in an hour...

some things from this week:
Judy and I had a great time in SC at a conference, where we met Mike and Kim, Chat and Wendy, and John Paul and Kim, and Debbie, from Florida. We have such a great family relationship with these brothers and sisters down there. We love you guys...

The conference was about how to hear God and speak from that to help others know Jesus... it rocked.

the croc hunter died. I wept in the shower. that's where i was when i heard. aaron shouted it to me through the door. I know that's a scary mental image. how deeply sad. everyone please join me in praying for terri, bindi, bob, and the rest of the family.

we stayed up praying and praising God until 3am on sunday...

most importantly, Baby Malachi Jacob Shryock was born to Danielmatt and Christine, yesterday... We spent many hours in the hospital, and a lot of us are really tired, but most of all Christine. Pray for a swift recuperation. She and Kai will be coming home on Friday (tomorrow).

Thanks to all of you who pray for us over here... we had a lot of shooting around here lately, but as far as we know, nobody has been hit with any bullets... prayer!

we have this major roof leak, off the gutters on the exit side of the house. I cut back all the bushes from the foundation to inspect all around, and there's a lot of water hitting that stone, there. tuckpointing and whatnot cannot happen until that gutter's fixed. Please pray for wisdom and provision from our Father.

Our attempts to buy the house across the street failed, thanks be to God. We thank Him because we were only trying it out of a sense that the Holy Spirit was telling me to put it all on the line to try to house all these Jesus people... I never wanted to be the building superintendent for the people I'm teaching and urging to obedience to Christ.
the sellers were offended by us, and have disputed for the 500 dollars earnest money. that means we can't have it back without a court date. please pray for a resolution that honors Jesus. For wisdom, that is...

that's basically it, pray for wisdom, over here... thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment