Friday, January 14, 2005

Living with people is a crucible... When I say living with people, I don't mean just living in a nice big house with my family... And when i say a crucible, I don't mean for people in general. I mean it for me...



And when I talk about being in a crucible, you might want to drop me a "sorry you're having a tough time" comment on this blog entry...



But I'm trying to describe my joy to you. There is JOY in being in the crucible--being exposed and purified, liquified and skimmed.



In our journey, we have seen "living with" include the passing of Judy's mom after hospice care, the arrival of two beautiful exchange daughters, daily joy with a 3-yr. old, working out the details of a house-church ministry in the inner city, a marriage (i've been thinking that one first, don't worry), three jobs between us, our partner/brother in ministry living upstairs, grandpa living on the first floor, life changes in our living room, HUGE meals with LOTS of people... The best Christmas of my life, this year...



There's a pervasive sense of adventure, risk, and love... I'm constantly being called to change from evil to good...



That's what I wanted to write about. Aversion to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment