Tuesday, January 23, 2007

tuesday in January

This Tuesday in January, we're supposed to get snow all night tonight. I've been watching a lot of "24", lately, and my 12-yr. 0ld is driving me crazy. He's... He's... He's all the stuff in me I'm afraid to look at.

the five-year old keeps asking to go to Eli's house. Eli moved with his family to live in California, over a year ago. It's hard to explain. But I keep at it... Now he's only asking every hour or so.

Fiver and I went to a house--the house of my friend who moved to Delaware, at whose present residence Twelver (not a reference to Shia Islam) broke both his arms this summer. DelaFriend let me pillage his old stuff from his basement, since it was all left behind in their move. I got a couple of stepladders and an old drill, and a lot of screws and gas cans...

I saw gas for a dollar-eighty-nine today! Maybe I should take the four new gas cans over there (I got two more without caps) and fill them up for such a cheap price...

Hey, I heard Ethanol is the new energy push. Much lower gas mileage. Like a LOT lower mileage. Not really cheaper. And what happens to the car? How does a weak fuel impact wear? Maybe favorably.

I heard a little blip on the news the other day. Corn is getting harder to grow, of all things. Drought. They say a couple more dry seasons like we've been having and we'll experience a serious corn problem.
Does anyone remember The Vision, by David Wilkerson? I do. Something really stuck. It was about unimaginable shortages of things like corn. Could you imagine that? Wheat and Corn breaking our banks? It sticks in me. Let's watch for it...

So the new energy push is corn. Not so much cleaner to produce, either... Kind of half-arsed... Classic... well, it seems presently that we have a lot of corn, so let's go with it...

...and bury our jewelry...

No comments:

Post a Comment