Thursday, March 15, 2007

In a conversation about the political goings on of the NEA, and how my life and ministry skirt the margins of such things, I received this comment: Let them fight for the power. Interesting, and not my version of good Christians. I'm grateful you aren't joining them. You are focused on the real work of a Christian: taking care of others and spreading the word.

This from someone who has known me for decades, from a close perspective. What an age we live in. Its confusing, with the most public and obvious forms of religion called Christian so utterly subverted in what they've called a "Culture War" for "the heart and soul of our Nation".

that kind of language is utter crap.

I do recall some nationalism surrounding the purpose of Jesus. Caiaphas was the one who coined that phrase. That was the idea of those nationalistic Pharisees and Saducees who schemed up the cross. Little did they know how that cross would fulfill the Blessing on Abraham . Here I stand, grafted into the nation that they would have kept me out of. They would have voted me off the island because I was cut on the 2nd and not the 8th day, and my parents didn't wring the heads off a couple turtledoves. Amaaing.

And I marvel at the Spiritual Kingdom of Jesus--one of Many Nations, Tribes and Tongues
I marvel that this Spiritual Kingdom breaks into the physical realm, affecting the world in obvious and historical ways... yet we belong to another place...

Worthy is the Lamb Who Was Slain to receive highest Honor and Glory and Power and Praise!

As I watch that nationalistic, self-interested thing parade by--that thing that calls itself "church"--that golden fortress...that political machine... I think of how God has proclaimed that He will frustrate this world's wisdom with the folly of His wisdom.

Take a moment to consider the first 3 chapters of 1st Corinthians. Soon enough, there won't be a lot of affluence to distract us from these greater things.

1 comment:

  1. Yes...
    There would only be a culture war if Christ had not already won the battle. If it was "Not Finished" when the breath stopped in the Godman.
    War's won.
    Just waiting on the sheep and goats thing. I sure hope I hang a left there; and prehaps be blessed to pull a few along with me.

    ReplyDelete