Friday, January 30, 2009

bunnies and rabbits

i think that about 3 days back, something clicked and I accepted it: February is upon us. I have so much to be thankful for, but today it's insomnia.

insomnia.

all of you who know me know that I'm working up some kidney failure with the coffee--that I'm a serious caffeine junkie. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the first 3 weeks of whatever hard times are coming down the pike, because 2/3rds of my personality is drugs.

perhaps a bit of hyperbole there. perhaps a bit of addicted denial HERE.

But no matter what, February is upon us, and we await the relief of temps in the 40's. There is this wack slush everywhere, snow 5 inches deep on everything, and ice. Ice covers every twig and power line. Trees are bent down and people are without power...

What do you do without power? I mean, our gas furnace is electrically regulated...

If my power went out, and it looked like it would be out for days, I'd drain the plumbing. That'd suck. I'd probably have to drain the radiators, too... wow.

I don't think we could get this big 110 year old former funeral home warm enough, unless we coated the floor with rabbits and just had rabbits running around everywhere, pooping and peeing all over the floors.

yeah. i think we'd need about 10,000 rabbits to get through this winter...

i want to heat my house with nothing but rabbits.

you know the difference between a rabbit


and the animal they call a "bunny"?

One is an option for food. The other an adorable pet.
So from among our rabbits might arise a "bunny" caste of favorites, whose lives would be begrudgingly spared each killing season. I can accept that. a few bunnies here and there...

but can we eat bunnies who have tragic "accidents"? ...and who do I pay to arrange those "accidents"?

yeah right. like I could pull this off without real hardship. have you ever looked at a rabbit's nose? try to kill that! you'd have to have a pretty good recipe for me to choose that little nose's death over chicken mcnuggets.

...anytime i read a story about cabin fever resulting in cannibalism, I will think about this post, warm up my coffee, and turn up the electric space heater.

February

No comments:

Post a Comment