Saturday, August 13, 2005

coffee, longboard, laptop

got up
read some more of my book (i'm trying to finish a piece of historical fiction).

SETH started watching batman, xiaolin showdown...

judy came in, layed down, rested... phone rings and she's off. I'll see her again a little around lunch, then after 11pm she'll be done for the day. Just a few more weeks and all the xchange students'll be placed and we'll have a more domestic tranquility... our tranquility now is more of a "HECTIC" tranquility... Seriously. House is messy, we're exhausted, but we're really happy with what we're in... placing students, teaching english, helping families find their students, schools their families...

anyway, Judy comes to me with the phone on one ear and mouths, "would you make me some coffee"... So I set up the wonderful coffee maker that Brother Bobby floated to our household last year (i really miss ya, Bobby), got the pot on, and got out my longboard.

I did about 25mph all the way to and from the UDF 4 blocks down. What a smooth ride! Almost effortless... I'm still a little sketchy on ollieing up things and all, but I'm really lovin' the board... I'll work hard to see if I can get some pics on the blog this week...

So, now i'm checkin' email and bloggin. I set seth up on an old broken laptop across from me, that was fun for him. Thanks for that old set of laptops, Phil. They were great for the couple of years I was using them... Now I'm on a 1999 apple g4 laptop. It's a 667meg processor (slow now is a gig or so)... I love the simplicity and durability of its design. Thin, light, made of metal, not plastic. Just pop off the keyboard to clean...


I hope you're well, readers. I hope you recognize all the goodness that God has embedded you in, no matter how difficult the surface of it may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment