Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Poor: Discovering that you are them...

...and yet, as we enter into friendship with the poor through daily contact with Jesus, on his madman path of life in the Spirit...

we will discover, as soon-to-be-formerly-rich-people, that we are not rich at all. We'll find a bravery and a freedom among the poor saints that we lack. A peace and unfetteredness--a readiness for the Kingdom Above... and we'll find ourselves jealous and ashamed...

yet we are called to turn our visits into residency. your trips to mexico and Kenya... just go there. go and lead and be and grow. go and die and rise again. go and attain to the better resurrection-that city with walls whose builder and architect is God, who, in Christ, endured the cross, counting its shame a small thing...

comforted by angels, you will know God's face. pure in heart.

you will see that before you came here, with Him, you had nothing, and now you have everything.

all you rich christians! You're going to lose it all, soon. Either crisis, or death, or sickness, or God's hand of circumstance will soon enough peel the false face off your life. seek for the depth of God! give up STUFF along the way.

then your use and enjoyment (1 tim 6) of it will be free of greed, which finds itself next to homosexuality on the naughty list. do you want to be found with that on you? then plow up your fallow ground. (hos.10:12)

read these scrips and comment me others! get into this with God...

5 comments:

  1. Hebrews 13: 11-15
    Hebrews 12:2
    Matthew 6:24
    Ezekiel 27

    It is so hard because I read these and am totally convicted. I am so attached to myself and my stuff. You'd think that I could just read this and put it into practice. I so need Him to change me. Any thought that "I'm ok" is gone after reading these. 27 The lamp of the LORD searches the spirit of a man; it searches out his inmost being. Even if I think I'm ok He knows better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a song on Hosea 10:12 last summer during our church's week-long time of fasting.... I'll email you the powerpointe slides if you want them
    blessings
    adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series on the poor has been some seriously solid teaching but greed ranking down there with homosexuality?! Lew that's not very nice.

    The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of homosexuality right?

    Gn 18:20-21 "..."the outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so greivous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me."

    He's hearin the cries of someone...who?

    Ezekial 16:49 "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

    Our Abba always hears the cries of the poor and oppressed

    ReplyDelete
  4. 22 "Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. 23 If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. 24 My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.

    ReplyDelete