Sunday, May 11, 2008

something i noticed about not being exhausted

judy's back. this day was wonderful. the church is making new disciples. people are growing in their faith... our family is solid in life together and in god...

something i noticed this afternoon:
When i'm not exhausted, i do the dishes and clean up after myself... I arrange tools and clean up the yard...
fact: there are a lot of things to do--to many--in this life we have over here... there are simply not enough people to do it all... while judy was away, i let the lawn just grow a foot.

I got the mower running and de-gummed the weedwacker's motor, reviving it from uselessness. I got the starter out of the tercel adn replaced it... but the lawn grew a foot, adn the dishes piled up...

With Sam in the house, things have held together. With Marcelo, Aaron, and Seth all pitching in and helping me "keep it real", we've emerged from this last week with Judy on the road, in good shape, thanks God.

But today I noticed that I'm not emotionally exhausted, and putting the dishes away and packing up the food didn't totally seem like a drag at all...

I am fascinated that a lack of exhaustion can bring such productivity.

You know, I make sure to get rest and exercise. I make sure to meditate on the word and to pray all day and in special times... but sometimes there's a refreshing to me, and I feel really good. thanks, father, for a period of refreshing.

in all the trials and all the chaos of this hostile rock of a planet--through all the heavenly rebellion and the grating disobedience and hostility of our fallen world--Jesus is with us!

I don't aspire to "non-exhaustedness". I will not seek it. I will notice it, however, and I hope that JOY will be more and more my strength...

Lew.

1 comment:

  1. bless you brother! I totally can relate to what you are saying. Refreshment!
    Bro, I will be rolling through town at the end of the week. Please pray for our journey across the country. I hope we can find some time to chill.

    ReplyDelete