Tuesday, April 18, 2006

faith comes by hearing

"I see dead people..."

I just love that line. Especially the way it lends itself to the wonderful satire tee shirt:
"I see dumb people." Hahahahaha...

But seriously, I love that little kid in the Sixth Sense. He's so isolated and innocent and strong and strained...
Don't you feel that?
It's a wonderful compassion you feel for the little guy.


I have been hearing voices in my head.
Real voices.
I'm not kidding.
...and what's really wierd is that they're the voice of a dead man talking to me.

He died in 2003. I can hear him clear as a bell, speaking from the other side of the grave. This phenomenon has been manifesting since the first year we moved into 1320 Chase Ave.

You know our house used to be a funeral home, right?
There was an embalming table in the basement laundry room, you know.
a 700 pound, cast iron, enameled table, with gut hooks and bone saws on it, displayed for inspection...

There have been minor encounters with the dead now and then, on and off, but these voices...this voice, it's unshakeable. the peculiar thing is that the voice coincides almost exactly with the purchase of my 512meg (that's half a gig, critics) iPod Shuffle.

Maybe i've become possessed by some dread spirit in retribution for my obvious hypocrisy of using the exploitative Apple technology...of spending God's money on my sick, selfish pleasures, despite preaching a message of self-denial and willingness to embrace poverty.

and the voice...
haunting...
rough and soft,
it becons me...
draws me...
words...
words I have come to know by heart, recognize at first blush, locate in scripture, and expound usefully to the edification and exhortation of the Body of Christ...

cheap trick. I know.
It's my sweet Johnny Cash reading the NKJV New Testament that doesn't even fit on the iPod. I load it one or two books at a time... I love it. I'm listening to Mark at least once a day, now. You know what?

It'll change your brain to listen to the voices!!!
The voice is driving me crazy, into that blessed foolishness that is more useful to me than all the money and wisdom of this world...

How i pray for a tidal swell of people getting driven fully, maturely CRAZY by the voice, whether it be Johnny Cash, or any other version...

All you iPod owners need to redeem your affluence by getting driven crazy. Won't you listen, hear, grieve, repent, sell all, and follow, taking up the cross? Love it!

It's a new day today! Live it with Christ and get driven Crazy... get voice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment