Tuesday, April 11, 2006

For What Its Worth

I'm so happy to be back on the blog after a long hiatus. You see, I have lost the normal use of my portable computer. I'm blogging this out at the Sidewinder from my PDA--a fairly ancient iPAQ Pocket PC. iT'S A neat trick, with a little folding keyboard and tiny, tiny keys...

Well, John and Prari are married and honeymooning in WV. The wedding was really fun. They told me ot make it fun, so I started out with "Maahwedge...Maahwedge ids wha bhings ufs twogedbvah twodaay... aaand whuv! Tvhruuh Whuv!"
--
From the Princess Bride Movie... It was really fun to preside with Adam Waters of the Orchard, over that wedding.

I'm really liking this church. In this experience of church,there's such an emphasis on truth, scripture, prayer, healing... all the main things occupy center space. It's church as it ought to be.

As a leaderservant in the church of Jesus--the bride of Christ-- the body of christ, which is in the world but not of it-- the pillar and foundation of the truth-- the proclaimer of God's manifold wisdom to the rulers of the heavenly realms--
...let me try again--as a brother in the Lord whose life is consumed in the work of the Gospel, whose earthly substance is occupied in the work of teaching and preaching the Truth about Jesus from the Scriptures, and from the leading of the Spirit...

I have to say how great it is to be a part of this local experience of church. In our meetings, the Word goes out clearly, and there's a wonderful give and take and sharing in spiritual gifts. It really builds us up. I mean, I'm the "pastor", and I'm getting so much out of sharing in this mutual encouragement.

Then, during the week, there's prayer with each other, and a constant, godly scheming in prayer and counsel together about how to more fully serve Christ in His kingdom, while we sojourn this temporal empire...

1 comment:

  1. great post, lew. i love how you describe your community and role in it. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete