Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Time on my Back

Had some major time on my back recently. You see, I got a little operation that starts with a "v", that men sometimes get when they are done having kids naturally, since there are so many kids needing adoption, and my wife has "extenuating circumstances" that endanger the whole process...

soo... this little elective surgery usually takes about 10 to 20 minutes, and is done "outpatient". That means it's done in an examination room, not an operating room. Cool.

Well, everything was ready for everything and everything, so there I was, and the doc is there and the nurse is there and everything is starting, and there's some mild pain, injections of novacaine, whatnot...

"no scalpel" is the new technique, you see... it's all about using sharp clamps, rather than fishing throug an incision, or something...

...aaaaanyway, there ended up being plenty of scalpel. The whole procedure, with all its painful squeezing, pulling, and clamping (whoops! they clamped something I'm keeping) lasted well over an hour.

Out in the waiting room, judy watched as the whole staff went from happy normal, to ominously silent. Word has spread that things weren't going well...

She took me home without a pain prescription, advice to ice, and th prediction that I'd be more sore than they had warned.

Within a few hours we were on the phone to another doctor, who prescribed a couple days worth of a pain killer.

I was mortally wounded. I was unable to walk for about 5 days. I walked, but I payed. On day 7 I had to fly to Denver. I paid for that. A small infection set in.
I called all my homies. they prayed, and the sitch got better almost immediately.

Today, It's over 2 weeks later and I'm still unable to run. No kidding. Amazing. I'm getting better a little each day. Amazing.

10-20 Minutes. wow.

There's a clue into my cyber absence.

2 comments:

  1. reason for your cyber-absence?! Hey dude, what do you type with?

    If that is an inappropriate comment for your blog I will leave it to your discretion to delete it.

    I just couldn't resist the open door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations--you seriously scared the crap out of me with this post. (my wife and i will soon have the last of the children we intend to have...)

    ReplyDelete