Monday, May 8, 2006

Mike Rea

This guy is Mike Rea. He is my official pastor. He watches out for me, loves me when I'm whiny, and prays for me everyday... This haircut only lasted him about 20 minutes, and was a hoot for his kids. But I think it's a great representation of who he has been to me. This brother has patched me up so many times, all the way from Florida. He leads a house church down there and works every day to bring unity and equipping to the Church in America... We met through a mutual friend, and have been connected in minsitry for years, now. My "credentials" are through this ministry--The Body of Christ, International--down there... yes... Lew has papers... but i'll never get "First in Show" with a pedigree like this. Look at this mongrel!!! Don't you just have to wonder what kind of Church this is? All full of castoffs and rejects from the fine, genteel crowd?
I would never have made it this far without the love of Christ in brothers like these... It is Jesus, Himself, at work in Mike and his Ilk (I.L.K.--fancy word for "kind of folk"). Mad props to the kindred in FL.

1 comment: